Saturday, November 3, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Days 2 & 3

Day 2 of Holiday Card Workshop was all about background stamps.  I loved Jennifer's card that featured nested die-cuts and I was also inspired by her colour scheme.  I diecut the ornament first, both from my kraft panel and the pool cardstock, then nested the pool diecut in the negative space in the kraft.  Then I stamped my Lattice background stamp in Versamark Ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I  adhered the pool piece to the inside of the card so when the card is closed, it sits inside the kraft piece.  A few other bits and pieces finished the card off.

 
 
Day 3 of Class was all about cards with dry embossing.  I loved Kristina's card where she made her own score lines to form a plaid pattern and then highlighted the pattern with distress inks.  I decided to use an embossing folder instead and then coloured my white cardstock with Festive Berries Distress Ink.  I white embossed the sentiment on white cardstock before applying the same ink. I was also inspired by Kristina's card layout but I moved things around a little bit.
 


 
 
 
This afternoon we collected Master 6's new spectacles.  He (thankfully) chose a really trendy pair and here's a photo I took the day of his eye examination earlier this week, just after he'd made his final decision to get this pair.
 
 

 
I hope you are all having a great weekend.  I'll be back to share some more cards from Holiday Card Class just as soon as I get caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment