Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hello Summer

It's been hot here in Perth this week- not just hot, but stinking sticky yucky hot.  So that means staying indoors in the air-conditioning, which of course means more time to scrapbook.  I am nearly a year behind in my "normal" scrapping, but that's OK since Project Life is up-to-date.  Anyways on account of the stinking hot weather, I took these photos from last summer and made this........




I pulled out Studio Calico's Heyday collection, which at first glance looks rather girly, but selected some bits and pieces I thought would work for this Summery layout.  I used my Cameo to cut the sun and the title, added some machine stitching and called it done.  I almost always journal on my layouts, but I think the photos alone tell the story pretty well- Boys+Hot Day+Water= FUN, but of course I added where we were and the date.






Although I'm still a newbie with the Cameo, I am starting to get into the swing of using it on almost every project.  I've learnt a few little tricks to help with intricate cuts courtesy of a squillion pins to my Pinterest board (sorry to all my followers) and a lot of trial-and-error. Best machine ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment