Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Using Up Scraps

I've mentioned before that I'm nearly a year behind in my "regular" scrapping and now I have my new Picturemate, I'm hoping to remedy that by just scrapping when time allows and/or the mood strikes.  I can also choose my papers before I choose/edit my pics which is really helpful when deciding which Photoshop actions to apply.  I'm also trying to clear some clutter from my craft room and that means using up leftover bits and pieces from old collections before I cut into or purchase newer ones.  Today I want to share a couple of scrapbooking layouts I've done in the past couple of days.





This is a really old 3 Bugs in a Rug Collection- possibly 5 years old?- but I still had some good size pieces of patterned paper left as well as some die-cuts and a sheet of alphas.  The Bazzill cardstock was in the sleeve with the collection so I think I probably bought it to match at the same time.  I don't really match cardstocks anymore, preferring to either go with a neutral- white, black or kraft- or use a fairly plain patterned paper as the base for my layouts.



This is a collection from Cosmo Cricket called Circa 1934.  Again, I had some good size sheets and some stickers left and although at first glance the collection is quite feminine, I made it work with these photos of my youngest boy.  Some black distress ink and splatters of Mister Hueys grunged it up a little bit.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to use up  some more of these older collections clogging up my space.  I hate clutter, but I also know I won't be able to resist some of the new lines just released at CHA in the US recently ;-)








No comments:

Post a Comment