Monday, June 17, 2013

Just Add Ink #169

It's been a while since I have, but this week I am playing along at Just Add Ink and they have a great inspiration photo to get the creativity flowing.



I just couldn't resist blending some distress inks to recreate this stunning sky at sunset.  I smooshed my colours onto my craft sheet, misted with water and then plonked a piece of watercolour paper right on top and moved it around just a little to blend.  I then went over some areas with the inks using my foam blending tool to intensify the colours and to define the edges of the piece.  The black silhouette inspired me as well and I used my Silhouette and this cut file from Two Peas in a Bucket.  My sentiment is from Hero Arts and it is embossed with Zing Embossing Powder from American Crafts in Grapefruit.  




I love the JAI challenges, so it was great to be able to join in this week- you should check them out if you are looking for a fun challenge or to kickstart your mojo :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment