Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Atlantic Layout Share (and why I sometimes scraplift)

A few days ago I wrote about my love and struggle with the Atlantic Collection from Studio Calico.  Well on  this wet and miserable Perth morning I decided to have another crack with it using some sweet pics of my boys at the beach.  Atlantic is perfect for beachy photos- well derr!  

I was a bit stuck though so I looked through some sketches- nope, nothing, so I had a look at Pinterest- BINGO!  I found this layout by SC Creative Team member Susan Weinroth and pretty much copied it.  Well, not exactly, but you can certainly see I had Susan's layout in front of me when I made mine. It's a ripper layout, I've acknowledged the original creator and I got my page done and told the story I wanted to tell.  I won't be submitting it for any challenges, or for publication anywhere, so there's no problem with my scraplift as far as I can see.

Here's how my page turned out....







There are loads of blog posts around the place about how to kickstart your creativity using sketches, challenges, new products, new techniques and blah blah blah.....and that is all super-helpful, but you know, sometimes I just want to cut up some paper, stick it down, get some pictures onto a layout and into album and tell a bit of a story without working up a sweat.....and that's ok :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment