Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Layout Share | Studio Calico Atlantic

My love affair with the Atlantic Collection from Studio Calico continues and when I had these photos in front of me ready to scrap, choosing my supplies was a total no-brainer.  I kept this layout very simple, hoping for a crisp white "airy" page with just a few elements.  

First, I  lightly spritzed some Mister Hueys over a stencil at the top of my page, then used the stencil to stamp the excess off down the bottom right corner.  

I cut my title with my Cameo machine and then again from the vellum in the collection using the offset function.  I adhered the cardstock title to the vellum and then popped the lot up on foam dots so it would appear to "float" above the photos.

I printed my quote on patterned paper from the 6x6 pad, cut it into strips and stitched it down.  

My only embellishment was a large brad in the top left corner.

I love these photos of my husband and two boys that were taken with my phone during an unplanned walk on the beach after an afternoon drive.  I really wanted to create a layout that made the photos the star and I think I did :-)








Thanks for stopping by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment