Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Make Pretty Stuff Down Under with Heidi Swapp

A couple of weekends ago I had the pleasure of attending the Perth leg of Heidi Swapp's Australian Tour.  It was an all-day event with three workshops.  Heidi taught two workshops and the lovely Kim Jeffress taught the other.  The classes featured Heidi's new product ranges "Mixed Company" and "Believe" as well as Color Shine, Colour Magic and Stencils.  It was a long hot day but I had a ball playing with products that were new to me and revisiting some techniques.

I have been itching to play with my leftover product (boy, we received a lot of product!) but I had to wait until some other projects were out of the way. Last night I finally had a short block of time, so I figured I could throw a layout together using some of the "Mixed Company" papers, Colour Magic diecuts and Colour Shine.  I have A LOT of different spray inks but I think I am in love with Colour Shine.  The colours are nice and vibrant and the shimmer is just beautiful when the light hits it.  







I am looking forward to finishing my "Believe" mini album from Kim's class- I am pretty sure at this stage it will be used to document the adventures of our Elf on the Shelf this year.

The Perth scrapping community had a wonderful day with new friends and old friends, online friends and real-life friends, but most of all we were really grateful to Heidi and Kim for coming all this way after an already hectic schedule on the east coast.  We hope you'll be back someday :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment