Friday, December 20, 2013

December Daily Days 1-5

I have jumped on board the December Daily train and I don't want to get off!  If you are unfamiliar with December Daily go check out Ali Edwards' Blog- she is the "inventor" of the concept.

I am primarily using the December Daily Kit from Studio Calico but I am also using digital elements from Ali Edwards and other free printables I have found around the interwebs.  Pinterest really is your friend for a project like this and I have a December Daily Pinterest Board which I started adding pins to well before starting this project.

I am using a mixture of typed and handwritten journalling.  If I am opening a journalling card digitally it makes sense to type right on it, but if I am using a journalling card from my SC kit or from my stash, I am just writing on it in pen.  I don't mind mixing it up for this.  I had to approach this project in a fairly relaxed manner- this time of year is crazy enough without adding to it with an over-complicated scrapbooking project.  I am still doing my Project Life spreads during December- I am just trying to document the Christmas stories in DD and the everyday stories in PL.  We have already travelled this month, and there weren't any "Christmassy" photos but I still included some that reflected that this is family-time and time to relax before the busy week before Christmas. 

We also have our Elf on the Shelf with us this month, but since he is getting his own mini-album filled with his adventures, I have only included a couple of Elf stories in my December Daily.

To make my cover, I painted the star-embossed chipboard with chalkboard paint, seasoned it with chalk once dry and then decorated it simply with a gold spray-painted doily, and embossed wood veneer "25" from the kit and a little flair button.  It took three thin coats to get the coverage I was happy with but the result was worth all the work.

So here is my cover and Days 1-5.....





 













I have deliberately photographed these so that most of the journalling is unreadable- I hope you don't mind, but I still wanted to share my album's general look with you all :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment