Monday, February 17, 2014

Life.Paper.Scrapbook | February Mood Board

We have a new mood board to play with at Life.Paper.Scrapbook and it's just stunning.

Our sponsor this month is Scrapdelight Scrapbook Store.



Scrapdelight is a young and dynamic Dutch scrapbook store, owned by Michelle Ploeg. It all started in 2008 as an online store and now became the place to be in The Netherlands for all your scrapbooking, stamping and mixed media supplies, classes and inspiration. If you're not close to the store, you can still shop online and find their wide variety of products in the online store. They ship orders worldwide! 

The challenge winner will receive a EUR15 gift card to spend in the store. 

Here's the Mood Board- full of soft apricot, peach, pink and gold.....



Ok, so the Mood Board is gorgeous but I struggled to create a layout.  I just don't usually work with these colours and I sure don't have these colours in my stash.  So I decided to make some cards instead using gelatos, watercolours and embossing powders to create the right look. 

I was inspired by the confetti in the Mood Board so I used Gelatos to stamp some circles for the main panel on this card.




For my next card I used watercolours to create my ombre background.  Then I embossed some hearts in gold on a sheet of vellum to stitch over the backgound and soften it a little.   I loved how this added both dimension and texture at the same time. The same watercolours were used to make my tag.






You could absolutely use these same techniques to make beautiful backgrounds for a scrapbook page.

Be sure to head over to Life.Paper.Scrapbook to see the absolutely amazing work the design team produced and also for all the challenge details.

No comments:

Post a Comment