Thursday, July 2, 2015

Kraft Plus | July Challenge



The Kraft Plus Challenge Blog has a new inspiration photo to get the creative mojo going and I just loved it when I saw it and had to play along.



A Mustard Explosion!
The Criteria:
Use Kraft as your background
Draw inspiration from the photo
and
Use Yellow Paint on your creation.
 


I decided to give my Silhouette Cameo some lovin' and cut a jar of pencils (cut file from the Silhouette Store) and letters for my title from different Studio Calico Snippets Collection patterned papers which I layered on top of each other for extra texture and interest.




For my background I mixed yellow paint with Modelling paste and put it through a Donna Downey stencil.



I added some stickers and chipboard from the SC Snippets collection and a scattering of enamel dots from MME.



I also layered some loose yellow thread under my photo.


I traced around the letters with a black marker and then stitched over that to secure them but to also add more texture.


I then very roughly coloured in my pencils with markers to add to the hand-drawn feel of my page.


This was a small step away from my usual style but it was a lot of fun and I really love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment