Thursday, September 10, 2015

Kraft Plus | September Challenge

I'm playing along again with the Kraft Plus Challenge Blog this month and the September Challenge is sketch-focussed.  I always love a sketch challenge- it gets me designing a layout outside of my usual "recipes".





I haven't been scrapping much lately- in fact my August Kraft Plus challenge entry was the last page a made- but when I do, I am trying to use older product in my stash.  For this layout I pulled out an old collection from Cosmo Cricket called "Jack's World".  I mixed some paint into some texture paste to create a sand colour and applied it through a Heidi Swapp dot stencil.  I then flicked some red spray ink about before adding my paper layers.  I cut an ampersand with my Silhouette Cameo, fussy cut my title from one of the patterned papers, added some wood veneer, journalling and machine stitching and called it done.  I stuck closely to the sketch but considered rotating it 90 degrees when I thought I would use a single 6x4 portrait photo.  I may still do that ;-)









Thanks for stopping by- as usual I love comments and if you have any questions I would love to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment