Thursday, January 14, 2016

Project Life 2016- Title Page and Week 1

And so it begins again.  I love this style of documenting our lives.  The moments that don't make it to their own "traditional" scrapbook layout are usually included in my Project Life albums.  If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out Becky Higgins' website. Project Life is her baby and it has revolutionised the scrapbooking world with many manufacturers now producing their own products for pocket-style memory keeping.  Her goal with Project Life was to simplify memory keeping so it becomes less overwhelming and more easily achievable.

In the past I have done albums where I used up my regular scrapbooking supplies, where I have used a combination of scrapbooking supplies and pocket-style supplies and more recently I have created my pages digitally, but printed the elements to create a physical album with pocket page protectors.

There are some great tutorials on the web for how to use the Digital Project Life products and you can get the Design A template for free from the Project Life digital store.  All you need to get started is to install Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and a Project Life Digital Kit.

The Project Life App was released a while back and it created yet another way of simplifying the process.  It was only released for iPhone/iPad so those of us with Android devices had to either wait patiently or use the digital products with our PC's.  This kinda shaped my train of thought for how to tackle 2016.  I purchased a new digital kit- Project 52- and decided to go digital and print a photobook of all my layouts at the end of the year.  The latest news from Becky is however, that the Android version of the App will be ready in February. So I will most likely try the App and then decide whether to continue digitally  or switch entirely to creating my layouts on my phone and/or tablet.

So here is my 2016 Title Page.....




Here is the left-hand page of Week 1..... 



Here is the right-hand side.....




And here is the entire Week.....




There are many things I like about having a physical album on the go all year- the boys love to flip through it and I can add in their certificates, ribbons and artwork- but they do take up a lot of space and the cost of albums, page protectors and printer ink adds up.  Digital pages are quick and easy to create and store and digital supplies can be used over and over again.  I am also looking forward to printing multiple copies of our book at the end of the year so the boys can have one each and extended family can have one too.  

I hope you'll follow me on my Project Life journey this year and be sure to ask any questions by leaving me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment